Friday, November 11, 2011

The Perfect Day

I'm going to start off by saying that no, this is not a post about the lovey-dovey romantic "newlywed's only" day. So don't worry, you won't hate our cuteness by the end of this. I've just been having lots of reflecting time, as I think most people do around the Holidays; but yesterday in my Body Image, Weight Management, Self-Esteem class (which I love by the way) we talked about Tuesday's with Morrie and watched this clip. (If you watch, only watch to 2:30).
In the clip, Mitch asks Morrie, "If you could wave a magic wand and had one day of perfect health, how would you spend it?" After Morrie describes his perfect day full of friends and good food (duck especially), Mitch's reply was "That's it? That's your perfect day? Sounds pretty simple..." When I think of my perfect day I think Mitch probably would have replied the same way to me, "sounds pretty simple..." The more I think about it the more I wonder why every day isn't our "perfect day". In my perfect day I don't worry about the silly things like homework, dirty laundry, money, work....because in my perfect day I'm just doing what I enjoy with the only people I care about. And although sometimes it seems unrealistic, I think everyone should strive to live every day in such a way. It may be simple, and un-extravagant, but to the most important people, it's perfect.

1 comment: